The states of Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island have received a joint grant of $1.5 million from the U.S. Department of Defense’s Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA) to create an organization called the New England Regional Defense Industry Collaboration.
These funds will be used by the organization to coordinate the growth of defense-related businesses across the six-state New England region. The primary goals of the organization will be to aid small and medium-sized businesses in meeting new cybersecurity requirements for businesses participating in the defense industry supply chain, as well as to create a trusted supplier network that will make it easier for large defense contractors to locate smaller suppliers that are able to meet their production, certification and process requirements.
How can you get involved?
1. Attend a free cybersecurity awareness event
In this free, one hour educational webinar, participants will gain an understanding of what is meant by cybersecurity resiliency, how to manage their risk, and what steps they can take to ensure they adequately protect all information and the future of their business. Check out the flyer for more details. Click on the dates below to register.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 – View presentation slides
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – View presentation slides
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 – Cancelled
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021
2. Learn about first come, first served grant funds to partially offset cost of assessment to NIST 800-171(CMMC level 3 partial).
- Gap Analysis
- Plan of Action & Milestones (POAM)
- Assistance with
- System Security Plan (SSP)
- Policies and Procedures
- Incident Response Plan
If you believe that your business may qualify, or if you know of another business that you think might qualify, please let us know. We want to have the greatest possible impact on the Maine economy.